Is there a way to reset coding experience

Is there a way to reset coding experience

2 Likes

Hey @D_Finley,

Yup! You can reset your code by tapping on the button with arrows in a circle (looks a bit like the recycle symbol) on the top bar of the keyboard. This will change your code to be the same as the starter code, from when you first started that puzzle.

H :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wanted to change it from having experience to now experience so I can get more out of the beginning lessons

1 Like

Ooooh — gotcha.

We don’t have a way yet to change that selection (although feedback noted!). But you can go back manually by tapping on the menu button on the top left corner, then tapping on the first course ‘What Is Code’?

Tapping on the menu button and then the first course “What is Code” does not bring me back to the beginning. Instead it shows me a screen “Congratulations. You’ve completed What is Code” and a “Start Next Course” button.

What I expected it to do was bring me back to the first screen that starts to explain what code is.

1 Like

Hey @Dennis_Gove,

Thanks for the feedback! If you’ve completed a course we default to showing that congratulations pop-up you described. We can definitely look at adjusting that though, so thanks for pointing this out.

please can you add something that can reset different levels once you have passed them or on them?

Thanks for the feedback!

We’re still figuring out the best way to allow easier review. Right now, if you go back into any puzzle you can reset the code to try them again.

Hi Heather, my 8 year old son asked the question. I think he was stuck at the checkerboard, he made mistakes and couldn’t figure out to reset the checkerboard to start it again and he couldn’t proceed either.

I just figured out to reset it for him. Thanks. Will get back to you when we are stuck again.

1 Like

is there a way to take the course all over again if I finish in order to learn more?

Hey there,

You can either redo each puzzle individually by tapping the reset button on the code keyboard, or reset all your progress in the app by navigating to settings (in the mobile app) and tapping “Reset all my Progress”.

Hope this helps!
Ben

cant reset it all if you are just in google chrome.

Hey there,

For the website, try navigating into the puzzle you want to redo, then press this button to reset the code:

Web%20reset%20button

Let me know if this button isn’t working for you, or if you have any other questions.
Ben