Playground .push( ) missing?

I was wanting to play around with an idea in playground, however, I am not seeing the .push( ) command.

I wanted to create a variable as an array, make a for loop to generate the data, and push the data into populating this array. With this command missing from the playground, I don’t know how to accomplish this task.

Hey there,

We’re still working on adding missing keys to the playground, .push() being one of them.

In the meantime, there is a wonky workaround (the best kind of workaround) you can try:

Create a new object, and name it whatever you want. Create a property for the object called push, and give it a function as a value. For example:

var myVariable = {
    push: function() {

}
}

This will add a key for push to the playground, and because it is a function, you will be able to add arguments to it. You can then add .push wherever you want it. Then delete the variable, otherwise the code will think .push() is the empty function you just defined.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.
Ben

I wanted to practice filtering, but can’t find filter() in the playground.

Hey there, I’ve moved your post to this thread as it’s similar to another user’s question.

We’re still working on adding missing keys to the playground, but in the meantime, see my reply in the post above to learn how you can do a wonky workaround to get the key to appear.

Hope this helps!
Ben

I wanted to use .ease( ) in code playground, but I could not find a way to get the option.