Started from the Top explainer

listed #3

I dont understand the topic ‘started from the top’ I tried to do it right but when I run the codes it keep saying I should name it balloon

The name of your variable should be balloon. The beginning of your code will look like:

var balloon = svg.append('circle')...

–Frankie

1 Like

I really do not get the pickRandom() part it’s just confusing to me. ???

My answer and it works,

var balloon = svg.append ( ‘circle’ ) .attr ( ‘fill’ , ‘red’ ) .attr ( ‘r’ , ‘35’ ) .attr ( ‘cy’ , ‘35’ ) .attr ( ‘cy’ , pickrandom (position));

4 Likes

Hi. I’m stuck in Started from the top
They ask me to name balloon balloon. I conpleted the code for the balloon to move according to instructions. I’m not sure what to do now
Please help

I feel confused

Check your spelling and capitalization. It should be all lowercase balloon.

–Frankie

I’m really stuck here.

Could you tell me what to do?

Could you take a screenshot of your code and post it here?

–Frankie

Here you go

you spelled balloon wrong.

2 Likes

Any news?

I’m stuck and would really like to move on

Thanks

Your variable name is missing an 'o'. The puzzle is checking for a variable called balloon, and it can’t find it. Change ballon to balloon.

–Frankie

This puzzle had me frustrated and I had trouble with it!

This got me passed it though we may have different ways, however this is what worked for me! So I shared it!! Have a blessed day and may our lord Jesus Christ fill your heart with love and compassion!

Edit. (this is on android.)I dont have a var key to use?

Hi, similar to above, trying to start the exercise but I don’t have a var key available.

1 Like

@Johan_Nordin @Celeste_Li

This puzzle was recently updated to use let instead of var. I’ve updated the explainer post at the top.

let and var are both ways to create a new variable.

–Frankie

I have the same code as you do but the app doesn’t accept it. I posted a screenshot of my code below

Take a look at the .append('circle'). Notice that there is an .attr() attached to the 'circle' string. When you chain calls, .append().attr().attr().attr(), make sure that each one is attached to the closing parenthesis of the previous one. To do that, highlight the entire .append('circle') when adding the next .attr(). If only the 'circle' is highlighted, it will try to add the .attr() to the 'circle' string.

–Frankie