Suggestion about practice on Grasshopper

First of all, I really appreciate all the hard work the developers have done on this app. It makes learning/practicing JavaScript while I’m out of my home far easier than anything I’ve seen so far.

With that being said, I think that Grasshopper would make a even better mobile place for everyone to practice (because I think we all learn best through repetition) if we could get many chances at practicing a part of JavaScript over and over again without having to reset the same problem.

And, I’d love for Grasshopper to allow users to be gradually given instructions to follow, but not so specific as to give us the answer (if you could get it to basically be a client brief that would be even better). I know there was one problem late in Animation II that basically told you to build a circle with all the attributes, transitions, etc. from nothing and that was probably one of my favorite problems to solve since I couldn’t remember how to do this and had to go back to relearn some parts I had forgotten.

I love that you give us the training wheels to get started, but I want to eventually take those things off and ride with the big kids. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey there, thanks for your feedback! The puzzle you are referring to (Started From the Top) is one of my favorites as well.

When designing the curriculum, we always have to be mindful of a balance between giving new users the support they need as they begin their journey into programming, and giving more experienced users opportunities to test their abilities.

As we continue to expand our curriculum, we hope to add content that provides you the challenge and engagement you are looking for. In the meantime, I suggest checking out our Code Playground feature, which you can access from the main menu at the top-left of the screen. We have recently added the svg keys from our Animations courses into the playground, so you can begin making your own D3 animations from scratch.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.
Ben