What is Best IDE to learn java script?

What is Best IDE to learn and create programs using java script?

About IDE for JAVA SCRIPT
After learning the basics from this app, which software do you insist to use in PC for programming?
Web browser or IDE for interpreting JavaScript?

Best is relative to the individual. I like Visual Studio Code.
My reasons for using VS Code aka Visual Studio Code:

1. Free
  2. Multiplatform
  3. Many plugins
  4. Many companies including Google employees use it.
  5. Great community and support
  6. Active development

Not to say there aren’t others like brackets, atom and many more.

So I would look into some and install a few to see what you like about it and go with that, see what makes it easier for you to use and get support or help with. Good luck :slight_smile:

Note: New users can only put in two links at a time.

I’m a fan of the jet brains programs (paid), I’ve also used atom and sublime. It varies by person on what you’ll like. Also if you are using a lower end machine, something like atom will probably run better.

Hey @ASHWIN_VENKATESHAN_K,

Great question! @Ahsen and @gljsh have given really good examples. If you’re looking for something more to ‘play around’ you can try JSFiddle.net — you need to add a little bit of HTML and/or CSS, but then you can try things out with JavaScript and quickly see the output.

H :slight_smile:

Is it better to use the interpreter built in a web browser, or an IDE, for running my JavaScript code?
Thanks in advance.

Hey @dabis,

Great question! The answer is either :slight_smile:

It depends on what you want to build. If you’re looking to develop web content a web browser (or web based IDE, like JSFiddle.net) may be your best bet.

If you’re looking to develop applications or more complicated websites you may want to use a downloaded IDE (such as Visual Studio Code).

H :slight_smile:

I feel confused

Thanks, Heather, for clearing my confusion.

I like the in-browser editors too. You can check out my favorite:

As for a rich text editor, I prefer the three that were mentioned before:

• Sublime Text 3
  • Atom
  • Visual Studio Code

Happy coding!